Leftists shouldn’t have to hear about my conservative religion. It’s mine, not yours. It is strictly for my benefit and not yours. We live in America, where, thanks be to our forefathers, we have freedom of religion. We also have separation of church and state, so my religion, and anyone else’s for that matter, can’t be taught in public schools. There is no chance that your child will learn about the goodness of my God or any of the morals and values that go along with my belief system. In fact, one of my Catholic friends teaches in a public school and she is not allowed to bring in a book to read during her lunch break if it concerns her faith (land of the free, right?!).
Here’s my issue. Just because you don’t call your belief system a religion, it comes along with its own set of morals and values, and it has its own gods—pleasure, power and money. The children of the United States should not be spoon fed these morals and values for the very reason that it violates separation of church and state.
How your religious beliefs impact the lives of Christians who actually follow Jesus Christ and God.
- It’s your body and you can do whatever you want with it. In public school, our children are forced to learn that having a sexual relationship with a person of either sex before marriage is okay. In public school, they are taught that they can give in to their same sex attraction. They are taught about sex, masturbation, birth control and abortion in school.
- Nobody can tell you what to do/not to do. Our children are exposed to all of your religious beliefs because media is filled with gay characters, sex before marriage, gay sex, Lucifer themes, etc. Role models such as sports figures, Hollywood stars, musicians and public officials flaunt their sexuality and bodies in public. Students have no respect for the authority of classroom teachers, and often the parents don’t either.
- You can tell everyone what to do. God-fearing Christians are forced to participate in your religious beliefs or you sue/arrest them if they won’t bake your wedding cake, provide your birth control, perform your abortion, perform your gay-wedding, teach about gay marriage, encourage young children toward transgenderism, etc. Catholic adoption agencies must adopt out to gay couples or lose funding which helps innocent children find homes where they can have both a mother and father.
- People aren’t allowed to disapprove of your actions/beliefs and must support you in everything, even if it goes against their values. I remember when I was a teenager and my mother did not approve of my actions. It’s disappointing, yet we can’t scream people into loving what we do. In the same way I still loved my mother, you can still love people who don’t support your actions and beliefs. Chick-Fil-A is a Christian company and always will be. Leftists continue to boycott and slander them for their donations to Christian organizations. Do you support GLBT organizations? Fabulous! Let’s eat!
- You don’t have to support anything that goes against your values and you can even treat people who are pro-life, pro-religion, pro-God, pro-modesty, pro-temperance, pro-chastity, and pro-traditional marriage with hatred, rage, aggression, and name-calling. Referring back to number four, you don’t have to love that we believe God creates life and decides when it ends, or that we prefer to cover our private parts in public and expect our young men and women to control their sexual urges at all times until they are ready to procreate within marriage. You may not appreciate that we believe men and women are created for different, but complementary roles, and that every child deserves a married mother and father in their home. Just because we believe these things doesn’t mean we are homophobic, racist, bigoted, angry, ignorant, or prude. Ask us about why we believe these things and you might be surprised…I certainly was! Did I mention that I am an atheist re-vert to Catholicism who spent twenty years in the Unitarian Universalist church? Trust me when I tell you that I had a lot of understanding to do concerning why Christians believe the things they believe.
Christians don’t hate you. Those of us who actually follow the faith don’t hate anything (okay, maybe mosquitos!). We believe what Jesus has revealed to us about Himself and about what is good for us. We believe that God is all powerful and we respect Him, love Him, and have been affected by His love in such a way that we would never want to offend Him. We have such a personal relationship with Him, and love Him so much, that it hurts and offends us to see Him offended by his creation, BUT, we understand that people who don’t know God don’t know what He finds offensive. How could they (they can’t learn about it in school)? Because of this, we don’t judge others. If we support sin and do not speak against it, God has revealed to us that we will be punished. Christians are not allowed to put creatures or creature comforts above God. His number one commandment to us is about having no other gods before Him. He is the Lord our God, and we must obey Him above all to experience peace. The worship of pleasure, power and money and all that is opposed to God is indeed a religion, and it needs to be labeled that way so that Satan can not be silently forced upon society.
Progressive implies new and forward thinking, but if you learn about Satan, the fallen angel of the Christian faith who was expelled to earth, you will learn that he was the prince of progressive thinking two thousand years ago and is still expanding his following today. Pleasure, power and money are his lures and he is very skilled at using them. His sole purpose is to tempt us away from God. God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He gives us free will to turn toward Him for true freedom, or to turn toward Satan and be slaves to our desires and passions.
Would you agree that leftist thought has become a religion where its followers find community and share morals and values? I’d love to hear your thoughts.